The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Friday, December 28, 2012

Crustless Cranberry Pie


Crustless Cranberry Pie
as requested!!!
Image1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups cranberries (frozen or refrigerated)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 or 2 teaspoon almond extract (I lean toward 2 tsp - your preference!)
Your favorite streusel crumb topping (I do 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, and up to 1/2 cup of cold butter cut in)
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch pie pan.
Combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat. Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. Spread the batter into the prepared pan, top with streusel topping.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until a wooden
Imagepick inserted near the center comes out clean!
The recipe I made yesterday didn't come out as high as usual because I was running late and took it out too early. It's may not be tall - but it's tall on flavor and seriously wonderful.
**adapted from AllRecipes.com