The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mark Bittman - Oatmeal Fritters

Just caught the end of the Today Show - and what serendipity! Mark Bittman (I have 2 of his books) was on, making oatmeal fritters. Hello!
I'm so pissed I didn't think of this. That I haven't heard of this.
I love anything fried. And oatmeal? Yeah baby. His recipe is very basic, I would definitely spice it up by adding some 5 Spice perhaps or some chopped cinnamon apples (oohhh bourbon and bacon??)  The ideas are endless, but the simplicity of the oatmeal fritter is fking brilliant.


Mark Bittman's Oatmeal Fritter Recipe

 
Ingredients
  • Olive or vegetable oil for frying
  • 3 cups cooked oatmeal, preferably chilled
  • All-purpose flour if needed
Preparation
Put a thin film of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Form the oatmeal into 1-inch balls and flatten the balls into patties. (If the patties don't hold their shape, stir flour into the oatmeal, 1 tablespoon at a time, and try again.) When the oil is hot, add the patties to the pan in a single layer (you may have to work in batches). Fry the patties until crisp and golden, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Drain the fritters on paper towels and serve warm or at room temperature.
Time: 20 minutes with cooked oatmeal
Serving Size 4

No comments:

Post a Comment