The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Traveling To Jim Thorpe? Dine at Through The Looking Glass!


You'll find this quaint charming corner restaurant up the street from the courthouse. Loved the ability to sit outside on the wide porch and watch tourists and locals stroll by. Though I didn't sit inside, I did a small walk though and it was very homey and comfortable, more as if you're a very welcome guest in the home of really good friends.
I had the fully loaded cheddar cheese biscuit. OMG.
HELLO.
It's rare to find homemade cheddar cheese biscuits anywhere in the north east so of course I had to try it and it was fantastic.
It was a marinated grilled chicken breast that was moist and plump on the most delicate tasty biscuit that had just a hint of cheddar cheese. Sweet onions and peppers complimented the chicken and a chipotle dressing brought it all together.
Service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive.
I spent most of my summers growing up in Nesquehoning so I'm very familiar with Jim Thorpe. Though it was my first visit to the Looking Glass, it certainly won't be my last!
 Through The Looking Glass (Link)

111 Broadway
Jim Thorpe, PA 18229
(570) 325-8770