The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Girl Medic - Confessions of Chaos and Calamity Behind the Lights and Sirens

Finally! The book I've been promising to publish is here!
I wrote most of theses essays many years ago (hence the odd formatting) and hesitated to publish it for many reasons...one being that I am not a fan of rehashing the past.
My past hasn't always been easy and it's been filled with lessons - some, unfortunately, took me years to learn.

I wasn't sure if I should be totally honest and name names, but then I was given this great advice: "You own everything that has happened to you. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have treated you better."

So, some people are named and spoken of warmly, and some are named and spoken of in the same manner they treated me. And some are not named, because either I didn't want to embarrass them or I didn't want to embarrass myself (once was enough!).

The fact of the matter is...EMS and the people I met and worked with, the patients, the challenges, pulled me out of despair not just once, but twice. I am so very grateful for the years I spent around some of the most giving, loyal, courageous, funny, people on earth.

Now sit down, shut up, hold on, and buy the book already!!!


Girl Medic: Description: 
Laura B Freed never imagined she’d be crawling into crushed cars to start IV’s on unconscious patients or crawl on her hands and knees through a burning house to locate possible victims.
Laura was a girly girl, loved all things pink and sparkly…and hated the sight of blood and bones.
Her life did not go as she had planned, because perhaps, life had a plan of its own.
She has seen the worst in people; she had seen the best.
Laura has struggled to make sense of death and in doing so, has come to the realization that in order to understand death, first, we must understand life.
Girl Medic takes the reader on a secretive journey behind the lights and sirens. It’s a true story about accidents and destiny, and illuminates how we can find meaning in tragedy, comedy in calamity, and of course, exposes the importance of wearing clean underwear.


 Available on Barnes & Noble Nook for 2.99

Girl Medic was pulled from Amazon because they have confusing terms that constantly change and have treated authors horribly. It was a tough choice because I want it to be available on all formats, however, Amazon has become more and more un-trust worthy.