The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Friday, September 3, 2010

MOTORS VS ANCHORS. or Quit Being A Victim!


"There are 2 types of people-anchors and motors. You want to lose the anchors and get with the motors because the motors are going somewhere and they're having more fun. The anchors will just drag you down."
Wyland.

For the most part, I am hopelessly optimistic. I might worry about what may or may not happen, but one thing I am always sure of: I can handle anything that comes my way. I may not always react in a thoughtful manner. I may lose my cool. But the one thing that has always kept me going is the belief that I am responsible for my life. I know no matter how shitty things get, I may not be able to control the situation, but I can control my attitude.

That being said, it is very very hard to be patient and listen when a friend or family member makes excuses to WHY they CAN NOT CHANGE.

Anchors refuse to change. They blame everyone else for their problems: their parents, their teachers, their upbringing, their friends, their ex's, their bosses, the government, the weather, their DNA.

Motor's recognize that shit happens. Bad things happen. Life if fucking UNFAIR, but guess what, they forgive their parents, they forget their ex's, they quit their job and find a new one, they stop making excuses and plunge forward.

Quit playing the victim card. Motor On.

No comments:

Post a Comment