The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Best Foodie Fiction Books by The Foodie Fictionista !

I bring you a simple list of "Foodie Fiction" books - Not Foodie Mystery books - but  from Foodie Chick Lit to Foodie Contemporary  Lit. 

The picture to your left...Kentucky Derby Pie - pecans and chocolate drizzled with chocolate sauce and topped with fresh whip cream... from the PorterHouse in Lahaska Pa

The Girl Who Chased The Moon by Sarah Addison Allen. Ms. Allen reminds me of Alice Hoffman - only instead of dark - she is light and food often makes an appearance in her books. Right after I read Girl, I read Garden Spells which I also LOVED. I'm just starting The Sugar Queen, which is her first book. So far, so good. She is becoming my new favorite author!




The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister.

Agnes & The Hitman by Jennifer Crusie (one of my favorite books. Tried everything else by Jennifer but nothing (for me) has equaled that book.


Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews (cute, light, easy, beach read)


The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted by Elizabeth Berg I LOVE LOVE LOVE Elizabeth Berg. Love. And this book, is the most wonderful foodie book ever. Ms. Berg does for description what Picasso did with a paint brush.

Chocolat by Joanne Harris & Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris

Simply from Scratch by Alicia Bessette


Julie's Chocolates by Cathy Lamb

The Quilters Kitchen by Jennifer Chiavirinni

The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love by Joan A. Medlicott

The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand


The Love Season by Elin Hilderbrand

Summer by the Sea by Susan Wiggs


Hundred Foot Journey by Richard C Morais

Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs

Last updated 10/14/2010






Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment