The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Shoofly Pies, Whoopie Pie, and a Farmer Named Walter...

I discovered the joys of a farm stand near my home: Meadow Breeze Farm. We've been eating sweet corn almost daily, and still haven't tired of it.
At Meadow Breeze Market yesterday, I noticed little, heavenly, mini, Shoofly pies in the fridge next to homemade Whoopie Pies.

I resisted the urge. One day. Then the next day I gave in. DE-freaking-LISH!!!





 I met Walter. He owns the farm. And he was exactly what you'd think a farm owning Walter would look like; ball cap, dungarees, a t-shirt stained with dirt and hard work, and smile that is as simple and sweet as the farm stand itself.

So look, if you're in Bucks or Montgomery County and want really fresh produce - stop by Meadow Breeze Farm Market 138 Walter Rd Chalfont, PA 18914 - just make sure you leave at least one Whoopie Pie
for me. For more info...see my review on YELP..

No comments:

Post a Comment