The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

From Flab To Flabulous!

In December 2010, I went on a quest to lose weight which morphed into a study and somewhat lazy experiment of trying the newest "diets" for a month to see how well they worked - you can read about it here: http://laurafreed.blogspot.com/
I never really made it a whole month on any ONE diet.
Finally, in April, I pretty much threw in the towel - I joined Philadelphia Sports Clubs and worked out like a beast - but I stopped keeping track of what I ate. I stopped with ALL the diets.
I am a FOODIE after all, who loves bacon and cupcakes and martinis. So my plan was this: eat clean (the fewer the chemicals in my food the better). Stay away from carbs as much as possible. But eat fabulous food when the mood strikes. And eat in moderation.

I'm still not down to my size 4 jeans - but I am making progress: enough to say: hey, these are my bikini shots and while they aren't perfect, I'm happy.

If I could give some advice it would be this: Everything in moderation. Find a gym that fits with you (I love PSC because it has everything from Yoga to Spinning to huge cardio/weight rooms AND individual TV's on cardio machine). MOVE often (walk, bike, run, take the stairs, etc). Watch Fat Head, the movie: I can't begin to tell you the impact that movie had on my life! However, while I do cut down on carbs, I don't cut them out completely. But I notice the more carbs I eat, the more I crave more food.
Realize that what works for one person might not work for you. The key is to find what you LIKE, what you will stick with, and eating smaller portions.

That's it. That's all I got. Still a work in progress - but at least now I feel my flab has become flabulous!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I've been low carb/ reduced sugar or a year and working out like a maniac for about 8 months. Fitness has to be an ever evolving thing. IV gone from a size 14 to a size 4 and love finding new ways to keep it fun. Great job and beautiful bikini shots!

    ReplyDelete