The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Belly Fat Cure Results...

Sage Fried Chicken with Bacon Waffles. Not on The Belly Fat Cure Diet.
Today I bypassed heavenly fresh-out-of-the oven bread (at Wegmans). I was satisfied taking pictures of cupcakes instead of eating them.
But at the end of week, when my jeans still fit the same and the scale didn't budge, I said, Fuck This! I spent half of my Friday afternoon searching for new "diets" to try and when I found the Dukan Diet which is all the rage in the UK (and coming soon to a US bookstore near you!), I thought...YES! THIS IS IT! All you have to do is eat lean protein. Lots of it. No sugar. No carbs. You can lose up to 10 pounds in 5 days! Wow! You had me at rapid weight loss!
And then I did the little test (you give your email info and they give you a lifetime supply of email reminders about how they can help you) - I put in my numbers and it would tell me what my TRUE weight should be and...drummm rollllllllllllllllll....it said, "Congratulations - you are at your true weight."
Uh.
No.
Because, you see, while I might fit some sort of ideal chart, I know that ideally, I felt happiest and most energetic when I was running around in my cute size 4 jeans 1 summer ago. So, NO, I am not at my true weight.
But. Then. It hit me. The reason these 'fad' diets aren't working is because I don't have a ton of weight to lose. Yeah, you can probably lose 5-10 pounds in one week on the Belly Fat Cure or the Dukan Diet, but that's if you're carrying alot of extra yellow fat cells.
So. I'm done with it all. The only thing I'm really curious about is how I'll feel if I cut grains out. So I'm going to try that for awhile. I'm also going to compare fitness plans - I'll be sticking with my Impact Body Plan and reporting on that.
The awesome feature of the Belly Fat Cure was that I learned how much sugar is actually in foods. It felt awesome cutting down on carbs and sugar - my energy level was phenomenal. I'd still recommend to people looking to take control of their weight. Easy to follow. Leaves you full of energy. But if you only have a little weight to lose, you'll be disappointed you did lose it all in the first week. Unless you're level head and realistic.
I am not.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I switched from 40 days of HCG where I lost 23 lbs, but was HUNGRY to the Belly Fat Cure. Jan 1- 18th total loss 3lbs. I'm throwing in the towel, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sorry that you felt time was wasted by not losing weight faster. It is not healthy to lose weight quickly and a person should only lose 1 to 2 lbs. a week. I stuck with the Belly Fat Cure for two months and yes at first it was discouraging because I didn't lose the weight I thought I would. However, in that two months, I went from a size 18 to a size 12. Those are decent numbers considering I did not change my workout habits during this time. i just cut out the extra sugars.

    ReplyDelete