The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wonderstruck by Mega Millions. Lost. 9/11. Flight 587.

I totally flipped out when I heard about the LOST numbers being all but 2 of the winning Mega Million 355 million dollar jackpot on January 4th, 2011.
The winning numbers in Tuesday's $355 million Mega Millions were: 4, 8, 15, 25, 47 and the Mega Ball 42.
On "LOST" - one of the characters, Hurley Reyes, won one of the biggest lottery jackpots in U.S. history by playing the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42.
That. Blew.My.Mind.
And brings to question...did the numbers come up because SO many people (ie: Lost Fans) played them?
In the $355 million drawing on January 4, 2011, there were nearly 26,000 players who matched 3 numbers and the Mega Ball. I have no idea how many of those people played the Lost numbers, but if I was a betting free drinks for the night that most of those 26,000 were lost fans, no doubt, I'd be bathing in Dirty Martinis!
Remember on 9/11 2002 - the daily winning lottery number in NYC was 911 .
Uh, hello! John says, it was just coincidence.
Seriously? WTF people! I believe that what is occurring in these situations is that a ton of people pick the same numbers and somehow, because so many people are thinking those numbers.
I'd love to see Malcom Gladwell do a book about coincidences and the power of thought. Someone should call him.
Although, now, here's a little something to make your head spin:
A similar coincidence occurred Nov. 12 when the nightly  number draw  5-8-7 came up in the New Jersey Lottery the day American Airlines Flight 587 crashed on the New York coast. Almost 30,000 people picked that number that day (the Flight crashed in the morning).
How can this NOT BLOW ANYONE'S MIND? People saying it's just chance? No freaking way. Coincidence? More. 

Whatever it is, it leaves me Wonderstruck!

No comments:

Post a Comment