The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2 Belly Fat Cure and Longings for Cornbread and Fried Chicken

Hi Cornbread. You look delish. I am not eating you but I am dreaming of you. I'm also dreaming of your co-hort, fried chicken.
I did really well today and have to say the plan is sooo freaking easy.
One thing that is surprising is how much sugar seems to be in almost EVERYTHING.
Jorge Cruise doesn't recommend eating grapefruit but...I gladly gave up MOST of my sugar grams today for 1/2 of a pink grapefruit (10 grams of sugar in that little gem).
Breakfast - 1/2 grapefruit, 1 scrambled egg w/ TBSP of orange bell pepper. Lunch - 2 chicken tacos w/ guac and orange pepper, sprinkled with lime juice. Dinner - 1 Whole wheat slice of toast (hello butter with no carb and no sugar - you're freaking LOVELY!!!). I was also craving something sweet, and had something been in the house, no doubt I probably would have caved. BUT. Instead, I made some sort of peanut/oatmeal cookie balls and sweetened it with apple butter (sugar free). I used an online recipe nutrition creator to break down the carb/sugar value - carb was 1 gram and Sugar was 1 gram. The 'cookie' wouldn't win any awards, but it somewhat satisfied my cookie/sweet craving.

To the left is the Carb/Sugar tracker that I photocopied from the Belly Fat Cure book. I write down what I actually eat on the back of the paper (I learned from my Birthday Fitness Blitz that journaling really does make a huge difference). I ended yesterday with alot of sugar grams left (hey, I wonder if I can use the leftovers up all at one time?LOL) and only 1 carb left yesterday and today.
Diablo also took me for a 35 minute walk (in the rain). Tomorrow it's back to Snap fitness and will be incorporating the Impact Fitness plan by Todd Durkin.
All in all, feeling fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment