The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Birthday Fitness Blitz - Cupcakes Can't Stop Me Now

Wegmans Cookie Monster Cupcake
The day started off with a trip to Wegmans. I could spend as much time browsing the aisles, sighing at an amazing assortment of chocolate bars (bacon, chili, ginger, sea salt), drooling over the fantastically decorated cupcakes in the bakery (someone deserves creative props - from Sesame Street Characters  to seasonal themes, they're almost too pretty to eat. Almost.), as I do browsing at a bookstore or kitchen store.
I won't lie, since starting on this Birthday Fitness Blitz, a trip to Wegmans is a huge test of discipline. BUT, the upside is, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be. I like the challenge of coming up with creative ways to incorporate healthy foods to mimic comfort foods (when I create one, I'll be sure to let you know!). Also, I know this blitz is just that, a fast and furious race to get my mind focused on getting back into shape. I also have 2 big events coming up: Christmas Eve Feast and my birthday dinner @ William Penn Inn. This is what gives me the incentive to be satisfied with taking pictures or wonderful food instead of EATING the wonderful food. And I'm finding vegetables and fruits and whole grains are just as wonderful, if less naughty. For lunch I made a stir fry of the chicken/broccoli lunch from yesterday w/ a scrambled egg and wrapped it in a small corn tortilla. For lunch I finished the stirfry and added wild brown rice. I had planned on taking the day off from the gym, but the Flyers were playing Montreal. I kinda like the whole - long/slow treadmill workout - so I bundled up against the Mother Nature who is about as bitter as the Yankee's over Cliff Lee, and hauled cold ass to the gym. And. The. Hockey.Game. Was. Blacked.Out.
So I watched Survivor - which was great. And then I watched Top Chef Allstars (YES YES YES!!) from 9-11. I varied my speed and elevation on the treadmill and for the last 40 minutes I used the recumbent bike.
When I returned home, I made a cup of tea, read some on my Kindle, and promptly fell asleep, dreaming of rich, moist, chocolate cupcakes iced with white icing and coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment