The only thing I take seriously is my Freedom. And Bacon.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 5 - Birthday Fitness Blitz-Down 7 pounds!

Day 5 - Let's see - wickedly rainy day. Sunday. A day of rest. I did not want to workout. However. The Capitals/Rangers game was on @ 7pm and since we no longer have cable...and I love the antics of Sean Avery & think Alex Ovechkin is as talented as he is funny - I decided to hit the gym @ 7pm to workout AND watch the game.
I did cardio for 20 min and then did a circuit of cardio mixed in with working on my back & biceps.
KT worked out again with me today and actually kept asking all day "When are we going to the gym?"
Pretty sore. But I'm finding when it comes to food temptations, my audacious goal of  losing 10 pounds by my birthday (14 days), has reeled in my discipline. The more I eat clean, and workout,the less I seem to be tempted by gooey fudge cake and Cheetos that are on sale for only 1.49 a bag!!!
Oh, and HELLO. We've had a box of Frosted Flakes, (I love you Tony) in the house and I haven't even given it a second thought. Forget that Boston beat the Yankees in 2004 after being 3 games behind - me bypassing Frosted Flakes is truly a miracle!
Yesterday I had a cup of whole wheat spaghetti with homemade sauce (red wine and sausage yum!) for dinner and 2 white egg omelet w/ spinach for lunch/breakfast.
I'm actually looking forward to working out tomorrow. Partly because when I saw that I lost 7 pounds I was ecstatic. I've been told you shouldn't weigh yourself, but for now, I think that being able to track my progress helps me feel like I'm accomplishing something.   I guess it's true what they say, starting is the hardest part!

No comments:

Post a Comment